There are few things to be enabled after you have installed the Nordic Shipping App from the Shopify store. Below are instructions to help you get started.
Open the NSA via Apps in your Shopify store.
Review and fill following information:
- On Billings tab select most suitable billing plan for you. The pickup points are included in all of the options. Select the best plan depending how much and which carriers you use for shipping labels.
- After selecting the plan and authorizing it via your store the App functionalities become available.
- On the Settings tab review and fill out the asked options. Especially review the options under "Defaults for shipment options", if you want NSA to fulfill Shopify order after shipping label printing. This fulfillment also adds the tracking info from the carrier to the Shopify order.
- Ensure that the "Sender address" information is correct under "nShift carriers" tab and save the page to to store default values. This information is used in shipping labels and is automatically retrieved from store after app installation.
Adding pickup points to checkout options
Currently our app allows fetching of pickup-points from Posti, Matkahuolto, PostNord, Budbee and Schenker. To make these available for your customers, follow the steps below:
- Note! Carrier-calculated shipping needs to be enabled in the store. For that your store needs to be either on Advanced Shopify or Plus plan. On Shopify plan you can add them with a monthly fee or by changing from monthly to yearly billing.
- On "Pickup points" tab, enable the carrier connection to your store on "Activate Carrier Calculated shipping" section. After enabling the connection the Nordic Shipping App should show in Shopify - Shipping profiles - Shipping rates per profile / zone.
- On "Pickup Point Services" section, select which pickup point providers you want to show to your customer. Enable per provider. Choose how many points from the provider are shown. Modify prices per package weights.
- Note! To use PostNord pickup points, you need an agreement with each one. Provide the API key in the "Postnord Pickup points" section on same tab.
- You can also add your store locations via "Custom pickup locations" section in same tab. Just click on "Manage store addresses" and then create, edit and delete your store locations as options in checkout.
Adding delivery methods to checkout options
You can also add different delivery methods as checkout options. These are configured under "Delivery Methods" tab.
- Select the carrier and their product.
- Fill in the name you want to show with the additional description.
- Other configurations are mainly self-explanatory such as conditions when to show the method but you can also limit their visibility based on delivery areas. Please consult us for how exactly these delivery areas need to be configured!
Using nShift for shipping labels
If you use nShift for shipping labels (as an only option or one of the options) then you need to do following:
- You need agreement with nShift first and provide the related key in "Combined ID" part of the "nShift Carriers" tab.
- After that you can select the carriers you use and have an agreement with. Enable the carrier and give their specific configurations on the same tab.
Using direct carrier integrations
We currently support direct carrier integrations with the following: Posti Smartship, Matkahuolto, Budbee, Detrack (Fetch), RusPostExpress, Schenker and GLS. However please note that Posti Smartship is combined with nShift usage.
Using direct integration requires filling out the carrier specific configurations. The carrier option for shipping labels are enabled after required username and password (or similar) are filled.
Connecting Shopify shipping rates to carriers
You can also configure your Shopify shipping rates (maintained in store) to specific carrier and service. When customer selects that rate for their order, the NSA automatically uses the defined carrier/service when printing shipping label for that order.
Defining customs information
If you plan to ship outside EU, then please consult us on how to define the needed customs options and information. These vary per carrier and also requires customs information to be present on products.
Using Shiphero warehouse system
We support integration from Shiphero warehouse system. When the order is handled at Shiphero, they call our application for shipping labels. Please consult us for requirements from Shiphero, such as URL's for this integration!
Additionally, fill out "Settings - Shiphero settings" if you have customs information for products defined in Shiphero. In this case we fetch the needed information when printing shipping labels.
That's it! You are ready to use our application efficiently.
To print shipping labels:
- Use "Print with Nordic Shipping" action when viewing order in store. Action is shown under "More actions".
- Select multiple orders from store orders view and under "..." menu item use "Print with Nordic Shipping" action. This allows creation of multiple labels with few steps.
- Alternatively you can go to printing options page in our application's "Orders" tab. This will go to same page as you would go when printing single order from the store.